Innovation and Best Practice (Business Case & ROI)
Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Geographic Information
Who is Eligible?
This new award has been created to recognise “best practice” in the financial justification of investment in geospatial technology. It is open to organisations in any sector.
What is Eligible?
GI implementations that have:
Become operational during 2012/13 until closing date of application
Improved service delivery and/or efficiency savings
How will it be judged?
Judges will require entries to show how the Business Case has:
- A compelling structured approach (this is more important than the size of the ROI).
- Been successfully submitted and approved.
- Articulated how their organisation can implement a geospatial project or policy to provide a better service to businesses or the general public.
- Successfully expressed how significant changes in working practice and/or technology within their organisation can resulted in the more effective use of resources.
In addition the Judges will look for the following features:
- Compelling summary of the Business Case i.e. a good elevator pitch;
- Strong evidence of quantification of the benefits;
- Honest assessment of the costs, risks and alternative options;
- Consideration of non-monetary impacts e.g. environmental, social factors.
The Judges will require the following information to be presented in a case study
A brief description of the business case and the problems it was designed to resolve and/or the benefits it was designed to deliver in not more than 200 words.
A more detailed description including:
- What were the objectives of the business case?
- What Business Case justification methodologies were used?
- What are the major technology components which form the project?
- Is the project now being implemented?
- Please describe the benefits to the organisation and/or their customers, with reference to the judging criteria below:
- Cost savings expected
- Streamlining and increased efficiency of business processes
- Increased accuracy in business decision making
- Delivery of other tangible or intangible business benefits – please describe
When must I submit my application?
All applications must be submitted, preferably as a Word document by email and must be received by mid-day Friday 27th September 2013. Applications after this date will not be accepted.
Where will the Awards Ceremony be held?
The AGI Annual Awards Ceremony will be held on Friday 6th December 2013 at the AGI, London, more information can be found here.
Click here to submit a nomination.