Innovation and Best Practice (Charitable Status)
Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Geographic Information
Who is Eligible?
This award is open to any organisation with charitable status.
What is Eligible?
GI implementations that have:
Become operational during 2012/13 until closing date of application
Improved levels of service e.g. improve access to information, speedier responses, etc.
Reduced operational costs
How will it be judged?
Judges will require entries to show how geographic information technology has:
Allowed their organisation to provide a better service to businesses or the general public.
Led to significant changes in working practice within their organisation or resulted in the more effective use of operating costs.
The award will be made to the organisation which best meets either of the criteria outlined above.
In addition the Judges will look for the following features:
New, novel or innovative design and implementation,
Good cross departmental co-operation
Effective project management, including completion on-time and to budget
Sound business planning, including clear identification of benefits
Post implementation review
Joint working with the private sector
The Judges will require the following information to be provided
A Brief description of the project and the problems it was designed to resolve and/or the benefits it was designed to deliver in not more than 200 words
A more detailed description including:
- What were the objectives of the project
- What are the major technology components which form the project?
- Is the project now fully implemented?
- If not, how much of the project is implemented at the time of writing?
- Please describe the benefits to the organisation and/or their customers, with reference to the judging criteria below:
- General aspects of excellence, innovation and improved business performance in the management of business information
- Enablement of the delivery of new or improved products or services
- Originality - what features of the project were particularly original or innovative?
- Cost savings achieved
- Streamlining and increased efficiency of business processes
- Increased accuracy in business decision making
- Delivery of other tangible or intangible business benefits - please describe
When must I submit my application?
All applications must be submitted, preferably as a Word document by email and must be received by mid-day Thursday 31st October 2013. Applications after this date will not be accepted.
Where will the Awards Ceremony be held?
The AGI Annual Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday 5th December 2013 at the AGI, London, more information can be found here.
Click here to submit a nomination.