Special Interest Groups
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) have existed from the time the AGI was established. The SIGs aim to provide information and promote development in their sectors. They are, and always have been, voluntary groups, set-up by one or more individuals on the understanding that they operate for the benefit of an identified interest group.
The SIGs have an invaluable role to play in providing real business and educational benefits to members. In particular, SIGs:
- Offer support to the AGI through specialist activities/meetings on specific areas of GIS theory, practice, applications etc. that help to extend the breadth of the AGI's coverage of the GI industry for the membership
- Provide an opportunity for members to focus on specific topics, issues, applications and to participate in the work of the AGI
- Seek to represent the AGI in the best way possible through a broad range of topic coverage and publicity, advertising of the AGI whenever it is possible
- Provide illustrations of real world applications in their specialist areas through the production of case studies
- Try to encourage active participation from members (and others) through SIG activities such as seminars or visits
If you would like to register an interest in or join one of these Groups please use the member area.
Please use the links on the left to visit the SIG pages
Official SIG Logos to Download: